Opening a business can feel at times like rocket science and overwhelming as well. The Florida SBDC specializes in business assistance related to start-ups. To help you, here are basic 10-steps to opening a business, courtesy of the Small Business Administration (sba.gov) to get you started on your entrepreneurial journey.
- Determine the Legal Structure of your Business
- Write a Business Plan
- Get Business Assistance and Training
- Choose a Business Location (get advice first, this does not mean secure a lease or buy a location)
- Finance Your Business
- Register a Business Name
- Get a Tax Identification Number from the IRS (Do NOT use your Social Security Number)
- Register for State and Local Taxes
- Obtain Business Licenses and Permits
- Understand Your Employer Responsibilities
This information is provided in detail at http://www.sba.gov/content/follow-these-steps-starting-business
Join us on Thursday, July 24, 2014 for a Frequently Asked Questions About Starting A Business workshop, hosted by FSBDC in Cape Coral and presented by Julio Estremera, CBA. If you miss the workshop, please consider registering for no-cost, one-on-one, confidential consulting sessions with a Certified Business Consultant at the FSBDC at FGCU. You can register online for consulting at floridasbdc.org
State Designated as Florida’s Principal Provider of Business Assistance [§ 288.001, Fla. Stat.].