Florida Small Business Development Center at FGCU unveils names of 2018 Distinguished Entrepreneur of Southwest Florida Award Nominees
FORT MYERS, Fla. (April 6, 2017) – The SBDC Florida Small Business Development Center revealed the nominees for this year’s Distinguished Entrepreneur of Southwest Florida Awards. The annual presentation will take place on Thursday, May 3, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Bonita Bay Club during the 2018 National Small Business Week.
“We celebrate the business owners that took an idea, grew that idea into a business and created a positive impact on the economy in the Southwest Florida community,” said FSBDC Regional Director Lois Knox.
- Amanda Jaron, A.JARON Jewelers
- Dwayne Bergmann, Dwayne Bergmann Interiors
- Reema Bhatia, Stickboy Creative
- Michelle Borders, Naples Network Services
- Scott Fischer, Scott Fischer Enterprises
- Javier Fuller, Fuller Online Solutions
- George P Garner, Next Plumbing
- Rochelle Graham-Campbell, Black Onyx World
- Jennifer Gratz-Whyte, Fort Myers Brewing
- Jim Henderson, Willam C Huff Company
- Gary Israel, Estero Life Magazine
- Amanda Jaron, A.JARON Fine Jewelry
- Misty Kinzel, Misty’s Sunshine Cleaning
- Batya Maman, Social Connect
- Lora Mccann, Peace of Mind Patient Advocacy
- Beverly Milligan, Myerside, LLC
- Jesse Morgan, Morgan Manufacturing
- James Nolte, Nolte Wealth Management Group Wells Fargo Advisors
- Dan Puleio, Cape Cleaners
- Connie Ramos-Williams, CONRIC PR & Marketing
- Jeff Poirier, AXI International
- Bjorn Rosinus, Endeavor Innovative Workspaces
- Curtis Sheard, Big Boi’s BBQ
- Jim Wheeler, Argo Trak
The awards recognize three outstanding Southwest Florida business owners for their success, innovative technology, and business advocacy. The award descriptions are as follows:
The “Distinguished Entrepreneur of the Year” is a business owner who demonstrates “innovative and cutting edge approaches to corporate culture, employee programs, and integrated new technologies.”
The “Small Business Advocate of the Year” is a business owner who “actively volunteers their time and resources throughout the Southwest Florida community to inspire, encourage and mentor other small business owners in helping them grow their business.”
The “Distinguished Innovator of the Year” is a business owner who has “adopted or created their own technologies or cutting-edge approaches resulting in accelerated business growth and profits.”
The awards recognize three outstanding Southwest Florida business owners for their success, innovative technology, and business advocacy. The event provides an opportunity for the local business community to celebrate their achievements. Hallmark sponsor for the seventh year is Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Co, P.A.
Other sponsors include: Fifth Third Bank, Florida Skin Center, Minaya Learning Global Solutions, Storm Smart, Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation, Bank United, Brennan Manna Diamond (BMD) Law Firm, Florida First Integrity Bank, Gulfshore Business and Southwest Florida Business Today, The Path of Being, Spada Salon and Day Spa, Corioliss and Naturie Shea Butter Apotheca.
Previous winners of the three awards include Norman Love of Norman Love Confections in 2012, Pam Oakes of Pam’s Motor City in 2013, Felix Lluberes of Position Logic in 2013, Gary K. Mart of Global Tech LED in 2015, Chris Spiro of Spiro and Associates in 2016 and Dr. Aurora Badia of Florida Skin Center in 2017.
Individual tickets for the Distinguished Entrepreneur Awards are $75 per person. Sponsorships range from $500 to $3,000. Tickets can be purchased online at www.fsbdcswfl.org, by calling the FSBDC office at (239) 745-3700 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.