Business Continuation Services – Ensuring Florida is Open for Business
Five Things To Do – After a Disaster
- Contact your insurance carrier to file your claim. If you are leasing business space, ensure that your lease owner has contacted their insurance carrier. Take pictures of damage.
- Contact your the Florida Small Business Development Center (FSBDC @FGCU) 1.239.745.3700 or our the state office at 1.866.737.7232 for assistance with:
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program package (emergency, short-term loans up to $25,000)
- SBA disaster loan applications
- Business recovery plan
- Find your local One-Stop Career Center by calling 1.866.352.2345 or visiting their website at www.floridajobs.org.
- Contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) online at www.FEMA.gov or by calling 1.800.621.3362 (for people with speech or hearing disabilities call TTY 1.800.462.7585) to report any loss. FEMA will take your information, provide you a registration number and mail applicable loan applications to you. For business loss, FEMA will refer you to the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Contact the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for disaster loan assistance. Information about the SBA disaster loans can be found online at https://www.sba.gov/content/disaster-assistance or by calling 1.800.659.2955.