APPLICATION GUIDELINES – READ THIS BEFORE YOU APPLY – LINK TO THE APPLICATION IS FOLLOWED BY THE BELOW INFORMATION.
The application process is 100% ONLINE and will need to be completed by the nominee due to the confidentiality of data collected. All information collected is held in confidence. If you want to nominate a business, simply share this website with them. Nominees do not have to be Florida SBDC clients.
IMPORTANT: Nomination is for the BUSINESS OWNER, not a business. Please keep this in mind.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED! Incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified. Deadline to complete, March 31, 2017, 11:45 PM.
Want to participate in a video spotlight? We need the application prior to the deadline. The deadline for the application to allow participation in the video is March 24th. Applications received after March 24 will be unable to be part of the video spotlight due to time constraints, therefore please get your application in early.
Judges will determine the award category for winners selected, thus the application applies to all three awards.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE QUESTIONS BELOW ARE FIRST ANSWERED USING MICROSOFT WORD OR OTHER PROGRAM SO YOU CAN COPY AND PASTE THE ANSWERS INTO THE ONLINE APPLICATION, THIS PROCESS WILL ALSO SERVE AS BACKUP IN THE EVENT OF SUBMITTAL ERRORS.
To determine whether you qualify, you must fit the following 4 criteria:
- A for-profit business located in Glades, Hendry, Lee, Charlotte or Collier counties
- Three or more years of business ownership
- Must be founder, partner, CEO, or current owner of a for-profit organization, no franchisees
- In compliance with local, state and federal business guidelines and regulations
All nomination information is held in strict confidence.
Please note: Finalists for the award will be required to submit to a background check
INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE
- Name of Company
- Contact name and contact information (address, phone, and e-mail)
- Names of owners/ shareholders/ members of company
- Company start date
- Type of organization (C or S Corp, LLC, Sole Proprietor, other)
- Brief description of products and/or services
- Gross sales and net profits for 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Number of full-time and part-time employees in 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Have you received any SBA assistance, including loans, FSBDC Consulting or SCORE mentoring?
Profile of the Company
- Describe product(s) or service(s).
- Identify the risks associated with the start of the Company.
- Describe how the Company has demonstrated an innovative corporate culture, new technological advances, or special employee programs.
- Answer the question: “Who or what created/drives your entrepreneurial spirit?”
- What has been the impact of your product(s) or service(s) on the industry (competitors, new products)?
- Describe the markets and customers you serve – local, national, and/or global.
- Document any outstanding awards or achievements the Company or owner has received.
- List community participation and contribution levels (service organizations, nonprofit or charities).
- Include a brief resume of founder/person responsible for Company’s success including personal accolades.
- What are the significant obstacles overcome throughout the life of the Company?
Additionally, upon completion of application please email your headshot and company logo (preferably with a clear background) to Amanda Stirn, email@example.com.