Florida SBDC at FGCU (Fort Myers, Fla.) – The Florida Small Business Development Center (FSBDC) at Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) celebrated its 25 Distinguished Entrepreneur Nominees at a VIP Networking Reception held at Millennial Brewery, sponsored by VeraData. The event was a celebration of their achievements and contributions to the small business community.
“When residents shop at small businesses within their communities, their tax dollars stay within the local economy, helping to improve our community as a result. We celebrate you, SWFL entrepreneurs!” says Dorian Zwierewicz, Regional Director of the Florida SBDC at FGCU.
This Year’s Nominees Are:
- Malike Adigun, Curate Entertainment
- Jennifer Alvarez Linguidi, Purely You By Jenn (DBA: Purely You Spa)
- Craig Bamberg, Platinum Dry Cleaners (Imperium Fabricare LLC)
- Jeffrey Bonk, Architectural Metal Flashings
- Kyle Cebull, Millennial Brewing Company
- Jocelyne Clarke, K & E Medical Training Center
- Sharetha Davis, Roses From Concrete Public Relations
- Zachary England, ARK ECO CONSTRUCTION & ROOFING
- Susan Frantz, Frantz Marketing Solutions
- RaSheka Fuller, Career Clinic Inc.
- Jaron Henkel, Southwest Florida Electric Inc.
- Glynis Jackson, Glynis Jackson Large Family Childcare Home
- Jennifer Johnson, True Fashionistas
- Harrison Kendall, SDVOS Laboratory | LabTECH Environment
- Nazhae Lockwood, N.Y.A.Beauty LLC
- Suzanne Noriega, Inceptus
- P. Blake Renda, Veedor Holdings LLC/SrL
- Louis Rosmy, PEYKO LLC DBA PEYKO VENUE
- Jaren Skinner, KayFi Holdings, LLC, DBA Island Rides
- Farrah Sturgis, KNK Exclusive Hair & Styles
- Gary Tasman, Cushman & Wakefield | Commercial Property Southwest Florida (CPSWFL)
- Charlene Towe, Studio 4:13
- Shalonda Washington, RELIABLE PERMITTING BSS, INC.
- Rob, Whyte, Fort Myers Brewing Company
- Jaime Zabala, Advanced Hurricane Technology, Inc.
Now in its eleventh year, the award recognizes small business owners of Southwest Florida for their overall success and provides an opportunity for the local business community to celebrate their achievements.
The 25 nominees were selected from the five-county area of Southwest Florida and contend for one of three awards including the “Distinguished Entrepreneur of the Year”, “Small Business Advocate of the Year” and “Distinguished Innovator of the Year”. All winners will be announced at the Distinguished Entrepreneur Awards Ceremony held on May 2, 2023, at the Spanish Wells Country Club.
This year’s judges are Timothy J. Cartwright, Managing Director of Compass Advisory Group, Partner at Fifth Avenue Advisors, Donna Flammang, Partner of Brennan, Manna & Diamond, Bill Daubmann, 2020/2021 DE Winner and Owner of My Shower Door/D3 Glass, and Michael Peterman, 2022 DE Winner and Owner of Veradata.
The event provides an opportunity for the local business community to celebrate their achievements. The Hallmark sponsor for the eleventh year in a row is Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Co, P.A.
Other sponsors include Silver Sponsor Suncoast Credit Union, Media Sponsor Gulfshore Business, Bronze Sponsor Veedor Holdings LLC, Bronze Sponsor Porto Fino Dental, and VIP Networking Reception Sponsor Veradata.
Previous winners of the three awards include Norman Love of Norman Love Confections in 2012, Pam Oakes of Pam’s Motor City in 2013, Felix Lluberes of Position Logic in 2014, Gary K. Mart of Global Tech LED in 2015, Chris Spiro of Spiro and Associates in 2016, Dr. Aurora Badia of Florida Skin Center in 2017, Scott Fischer of Scott Fischer Enterprises in 2018, Ryan Carter of Scotlynn Transport LLC in 2019, Bill Duabmann of My Shower Door/D3 Glass in 2020/2021, and Michael Peterman of Veradata in 2022.
About the Florida SBDC Network:
For more than 45 years, the Florida SBDC Network, the state’s principal provider of business assistance [Fl. Stat. 288.001], has nourished a statewide partnership between higher education and economic development to provide existing and emerging small and medium-sized business owners with management and knowledge resources that enable overall growth, increased profitability, and economic prosperity for Florida’s economy. In 2021, the Florida SBDC Network delivered more than 157,000 hours of consulting to more than 18,000 small business clients – resulting in business owners securing over half a billion in capital, securing more than $380 million in government contracts, impacting 28,930 jobs, increasing sales by over $4 billion, and creating 778 new businesses.
With over 40 offices statewide, the Florida SBDC is funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Department of Defense, State of Florida and other private and public partners. The Florida SBDC Network, headquartered at the University of West Florida, is nationally accredited by the Association of SBDCs and is a recipient of the President’s E Award for Export Service. Florida SBDC services are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Language assistance services are available for individuals with limited English proficiency. For more information, please visit www.FloridaSBDC.org.