You have started your business but are unsure of what to do next. The Florida SBDC Network can assist you in this formative stage to ensure that you’re making the most of your time and resources. Consider the following as you move forward:
1. Getting The Customer
- Do you have a marketing plan?
- How will you market, advertise and promote your business?
- How will you attract your target customers and promote your business?
- How will you determine your marketing budget?
- What is your price, quality and customer service strategy?
2. Managing Your Business
- How will you manage the day-to-day operations of your business?
- Do you need to hire employees? If so, when and how will you build your team?
- What bookkeeping system will you use?
- What are the financial needs for your business?
- Are there any regulations or compliance issues you need to consider?
- How will you deliver your product and/or service to your customers?
- What are your facility, equipment and furniture needs?
- How much money will you need to support yourself and the business needs?
- Where will you get the money?
- Have you identified your profit margin?
- Have you reviewed a financial break-even analysis with anyone?
5. Do You Have A Plan?
- Do you have a business plan?
- Do you need your business plan to be considered by investors?