Looking for an opportunity to grow your sales? Government contracting may be an avenue to consider, as it can provide long-term growth for a wide variety of businesses. Every level of government buys goods and services, spending billions of dollars, annually, even during times of economic uncertainty and reduced spending.
The Florida SBDC’s Government Contracting Services, through its Procurement Technical Assistance Center | PTAC, offer high-value confidential one-on-one consulting, at no cost, to help Florida businesses prepare, research, and bid on government contracts. Our Government Contracting Specialists are knowledgeable, experienced and eager to assist you in making selling to the government less complicated and more profitable.
Click on any of the links below to learn more about government contracting and additional resources:
- Learn More By Watching this Power Point Presentation: Introduction to Government Contracting
- Getting Started in Government Contracting
- Presentations on Government Contracting
- Other Government Contracting Information
- List of Federal and Florida State, County, and City Contracting Offices
This Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency.
The Florida SBDC at Florida Gulf Coast University’s PTAC is a specialized service of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide partnership program nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution. Florida SBDC services are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Language assistance services are available for individuals with limited English proficiency.
Florida SBDC Network Government Contracting Specialists can assist with:
- Assist with certifications such as 8(a), Women-owned Small Business, Hubzone and state and local certifications
- Assist with the Veteran-Owned Small Business verification program and other veteran initiatives
- Analyze solicitations/bids
- Review GSA Schedule solicitations
- Identify cost elements
Computerized Bid Matching Services
- Develop customized profile
- Provide daily searches and email alerts for matching federal, state and local government solicitations
- Assist with database registration to participate in the government marketplace
- Research government procurement histories
- Identify bid and subcontracting opportunities
- Provide information on government buying activities
- Sponsor networking events to connect business owners with agency buying officers and prime contractors
Contract Administration and Performance
- Assist with contract needs such as auditing requirements, cost accounting systems and contract modifications