International trade opportunities for Florida-based companies are expanding, and the Florida SBDC Network can help prepare your business for globalization. Our International Trade Services are designed to connect export-ready new-to-market, new-to-export businesses with International Trade Specialists who can personally deliver the tools, strategies, and expertise needed to help grow and succeed abroad. They’ll guide you through the complexities of developing and executing an aggressive international growth strategy—putting you on the road to success.
Florida’s strategic positioning and abundance of resources make it a prime location for trade. Ninety-five percent of the world’s population and more than 70 percent of the world’s purchasing power is outside the U.S. Research shows that more than 95% of exporters are small to medium-sized businesses that together produce two-thirds of Florida’s total export value. Statistics show that businesses expanding to international markets grow an average of 15% faster and are 12% more profitable.
International Trade Services
International Trade Specialists provide one-on-one consulting to help you:
- Understand the basics of international trade
- Determine which licenses are required
- Compile market research
- Understand country requirements for products
- Prepare an Export Marketing Plan
Export Marketing Plan Services
Assist qualified new-to-export manufacturers and service providers with overseas growth strategies through the development of customized Export Marketing Plans. Provided in partnership with Enterprise Florida and the U.S. Commercial Services, the Export Marketing Plan includes:
- a thorough readiness assessment
- industry and market analysis with target market recommendations
- a review of overseas trade opportunities
- and an action plan that may include trade mission participation.
The cost to prepare an Export Marketing Plan is $3,530. Qualifying companies are eligible for a $3,030 scholarship, making the cost to your company $500.
- To learn more about our Export Marketing Plan Services, download our Export Marketing Plan Flyer.
- Apply for our Export Marketing Plan Services
Includes the Florida Export Series, International Trade Basics, and International Trade Certificate Program—one of a select number of NASBITE-accredited trade assistance programs in the world, and the only one in Florida.
- Strategize with International Trade Specialists who are Certified Global Business Professionals by the National Association of Small Business International Trade Educators (NASBITE), the benchmark for competency in global commerce
- Determine key target markets
- Develop country launch strategies
- Connect with international buyers