Florida SBDC at FGCU (Fort Myers, FL) – The Florida Small Business Development Center at Florida Gulf Coast University hosted its inaugural Women Excelle, women’s business summit on October 12, 2023, at The Club at Grandezza. A special thank you to our Hallmark Sponsor Fifth Third Bank for their continued support.
Women Excelle witnessed a phenomenal turnout, with attendees hailing from diverse backgrounds and industries. This remarkable participation underscored the growing enthusiasm and commitment of women in the region to thrive in their careers and entrepreneurial endeavors.
“I am thrilled by the outstanding success of Women Excelle. This event stands as a testament to our commitment to empowering women in business and supporting women-owned small enterprises,” says Regional Director, Dorian Zwierewicz.
Women Excelle is committed to creating a dynamic learning environment that provides valuable insights and resources to propel women toward success. With a diverse range of informative sessions, invigorating panelists, and esteemed keynote speakers, attendees gained invaluable insights and advice from industry experts. Speakers included:
- Meagan Baskin, Associate Professor of Management and Director of the Southwest Florida Leadership Institute at Florida Gulf Coast University
- Julie Camp, Owner of 2911 Designs
- Stephanie Green, Regional President Fifth Third Bank, N.A. (South Florida)
- Tasheekia Harris, Author and Founder of Crowning Daughter for Success Enrichment Program
- Cotrenia Hood, CEO of Steel Bleu
- Aysegul Timur, President of Florida Gulf Coast University
- Lorena Vargas-Schultz, Owner of International Roofing, LLC
With such a positive response, Women Excelle women’s summit has firmly established itself as a must-attend event for women looking to excel in their careers and businesses. The momentum generated by this year’s event promises even greater things in the future, and attendees can look forward to an ever-evolving platform of inspiration and empowerment.